Signs You Need a New Roof From a Trusted Roofer
At Northern Pacific Roofing, we come quickly when you have roofing problems. While most roofs can be expected to last around 20 years, certain conditions can seriously shorten their lifespan. If you are unsure if you need a new roof or just some maintenance, always call a professional to help you determine the best way to handle it. Ignoring the warning signs can lead to bigger problems in the future, and we want to help you save time and money by noticing and fixing problems sooner.
Things to Watch for
Other than the age of your roof, there are a few things you can watch for that signify that it may be time to call a roofer to replace your roofing.
- Buckling, curling shingles, particularly on the side of the roof that most often gets direct sunlight
- Shingles that are falling apart or missing in the valleys of the roof, as a compromised valley can increase your risks of a leaking roof
- Missing shingle tabs
- Flashings that are made of tar or roof cement may need to be replaced with a metal flashing system
- Gutters full of shingle granules are a clear warning sign that your roof is nearing the end of its lifespan
- Bouncy, spongy feeling when you walk on the roof, suggesting that moisture has weakened the decking underneath
Many of these things can be hard to detect without professional training or experience. That’s what we are here for. Our professional technicians will examine your roof and give you a suggested best course of action to keep your home safer and more secure even when problems arise.
Don’t take chances with your roofing when you have so much at stake underneath it. Let us help you determine if you need an entirely new roof or if repairs are sufficient. Give us a call today at (888) 997-6638 for a free quote from a qualified roofer.